W-Output XLR v2 Addon
- Independent, fully differential output stage to W-DAC v2
- W-DAC RCA outputs can be used simultaneously
- Maintains excellent performance figures of W-DAC v2
- 6dB gain, giving 4 Vrms output with W-DAC v2
- OPA1632 fully differential amplifiers, thin film resistors and C0G capacitors in audio path, Neutrik XLRs
- Hardware output mute via relay
- Supplies taken from W-DAC
- Takes 20 mA from 5VD
- Takes 30 mA from VP and 30 mA from VN
The board stacks on W-DAC v2 using the side headers for supplies and signals, and a small header to control the mute relay.
W-DAC XLR addon stacked on W-DAC.
Important information on order
- All SMD components are soldered down and the board is fully tested, connectors and headers are soldered if selected.
- Please ensure you have the skills to solder the remaining components and wires to connect the board in your system – and most of all understand what you are doing. Especially pay attention you have the correct power supplies and signal levels.
- Be careful with supply polarity and level, incorrect connections may damage the board and/or your power supply.
- If you need help prior to purchase, please contact us.
- The board with all SMD components populated
- 2x XLR male connectors
- Addon headers: 1×10 male, 1×8 male, 1×2 female
- W-DAC headers: 1×10 female, 1×8 female, 1×2 SMD male
This addon includes headers also for W-DAC. Note that the two 1×2 headers included are missing from the photo below.
Connectors provided with the board (+ 1×2 headers missing in the photo).
1×2 female header for Mute relay control.
1×2 SMD header soldered on W-DAC.
Take care when aligning the headers when soldering, especially the small one in the middle. We are aware this is a bit awkward and will get rid of this for the next revision of the XLR addon (there will not be any other changes).